Nine members of Local First Springfield were crowned award winners during a ceremony at the annual meeting hosted by Isringhausen Imports last night.
This is the first year the Local First Springfield awards have been presented to members of the nonprofit, which is made up of local independent businesses and organizations in the greater Springfield, Illinois area. Its purpose is to educate, advocate, and create awareness of the value of buying local.
Desiree Logsdon was sworn in as president replacing Valera Yazell who has served in the role for two years.
“Local First Springfield is committed to helping independent, local businesses and their owners. The board of directors looks forward to strengthening our local economy by supporting the businesses that help our community thrive,” said Desiree.
The winners included:
· The Local First Springfield 2018 Marine Bank Local First Champion Award presented to Frye-Williamson Press, Inc.
· The Local First Springfield 2018 Sangamon Reclaimed Member of the Year Award presented to Pease’s at BUNN Gourmet
· The Local First Springfield 2018 Heartland Financial Services Best Collaborators Award presented to Cafe Moxo & Buzz Bomb Brewing Co
· The Local First Springfield 2018 Scooter’s Lawn Care Social Change Makers Award presented to MacArthur Boulevard Business Association
· The Local First Springfield 2018 Gem PR & Media Wave Makers Award presented to Conn’s Hospitality Group, Inc. and Food Fantasies Naturally
· The Local First Springfield 2018 Free Press Coffee House Innovators Award presented to Sensible Innovations
· The Local First Springfield 2018 Capital City Event Planning Emerging & Energized Award presented to Sangamon Reclaimed
For more information about Local First Springfield visit the website or Facebook