This year’s Illinois Women in Leadership annual Symposium is titled ‘Brave’ and, according to organizers, designed to help attendees expand their professional and personal competencies and make relevant connections through networking. It takes place on Thursday, September 7 from 7.30am to 5.30pm at Crowne Plaza Springfield.
Keynote speaker is Allison Massari who teaches people to ignite their inner fire of perseverance, to handle the unexpected, to innovate and successfully navigate challenges.
Registration includes admission to a variety of insightful educational sessions, exhibits, and networking opportunities.
Attendees are treated to breakfast, lunch, and a cocktail reception, which follow the daylong event.
IWIL Symposium co-chair Kathy Kincaid said, “The sixth annual Symposium provides local women the opportunity to enjoy a nationally recognized keynote speaker, participate in a variety of outstanding breakout sessions and network with liked minded professional women all within a single day. We believe it's not only a wonderful opportunity for personal and professional development, but also a great value.”
Breakout sessions include:
- Women and wealth: investing with a gender lens with Julie Krehbiel Sikich
- Social worker, professor, community leader and mental health consumer … personal and professional challenges and success with Mary E Garrison of Millikin University
- Bravely unleash your – and your organization’s – strengths with Leigh Steiner of The College of Behavioral Health Leadership
- What guides your moral compass? With Karen Sanders of LLCC Foundation and Beverly Neisler of St John’s Hospital
- Finding your wow with Julie Davis of The Real Estate Group
- LGBT – let’s talk about the t with Joanna Cooley of The Phoenix Center
- 100 under $100: 100 tips to impact local women with Jamie Stout of Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library Foundation
- Don’t just network – make valuable relationship with Desiree Logsdon Bunn-O-Matic
- Brave women build trusting teams with Tess Fyalka of O’Shea
- Unleash the courage to be the brand called you! with Cindy Byrd of Image Potential
- 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 … the world of HR and leadership – ready to bravely blast off with Diane Newell Bunn-O-Matic
- Learning to say no with Ashley Cosentino of Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Bravely building – and succeeding in – your own business with Alicia Bibb of Studio on 6th – moderator panel – Pamela Frazier of All in One On Site Wash and Detail, Tina Johnson of Maids R Us and Jodie Cole of Flea Market to Fabulous
- Embrace you unlimited potential with Jennifer Sublett Girls on the Run
- It’s only hair with Risa Cohen
For more information, and regular updates, visit the IWIL Facebook page.